Frank Ocean’s Dad is Suing him for $14.5 Million for Claiming he used a “Homophobic Slur”


Frank Ocean‘s father Calvin Cooksey is suing him for defamation of character after the singer claimed that his dad once used a homophobic slur years ago.
The 29-year-old singer made a statement on his Tumblr page last year following the Orlando nightclub shooting and recalled an experience he had with his dad as a child.

“I was 6 years old when I heard my dad call our transgender waitress a f****t as he dragged me out of a neighborhood diner saying we wouldn’t be served because she was dirty,” the Tumblr post read.
According to TMZ Calvin says that the claim is not true and it has hurt his opportunities to pursue film and music jobs. He is asking for $14.5 million in damages.
Back in 2014, Calvin sued Russell Simmons for $142 million for claiming he was a deadbeat dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weddings presents #AsoEbiBella – Vol. 168 – The Latest Aso Ebi Styles

#SisterGoals – Serena Williams Can’t Wait to Play Venus Williams in the Australian Open Finals as She Praises Her – “She’s Basically My World and My Life”